[wpkg-users] wpkg and unattended

Paul Griffith paulg at cs.yorku.ca
Tue Nov 8 18:54:00 CET 2005

Greetings,

I am wondering if anyone is using wpkg with unattended and in what
form.

Are you using wpkg to push out updates?
Are you using wpkg to push out new apps so don't have to rebuild the
whole PC?

I just started to look at wpkg and it looks like a really good
package.

I do have a few concerns....

1 - Can the packages.xml file be split in smaller files. I deal with
approx 90 packages (more if you include the new versions that have to
be tested before we push them out).

It would be a pain to navigate through a .xml with 90 packages, how do
users of wpkg manage?

I am currently using unattended and I looking at wpkg as a way to push
out updates. I guess I could just use wpkg to call unattended scripts.

Thanks
Paul

wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org