[wpkg-users] What to for config for HCU?

Kristofer Kiik kristofer.kiik at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 19:24:02 CET 2005

> > For some settings I use .reg files that are imported silently to the
> > client machines.
>
> But how do you import it for a user, not currently logged in? All you
> describe is only useful for HKLM, not for HKCU. It must be set somehow
> in the login-script, but only once and not every time the user is
> logging in.

The most usual way of running WPKG is usually when a user logs in...
At least that's the way i do:

* User logs in
* WPKG startup script is in his startup group
* When run, it updates his software

For instance - for VNC i have a registry file:

==================
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ORL\WinVNC3]
"SocketConnect"=dword:00000001
"AutoPortSelect"=dword:00000001
"InputsEnabled"=dword:00000001
"LocalInputsDisabled"=dword:00000000
... and so on

When a user logs in and does not have the VNC package installed, the
registry is imported into *his* HKCU and VNC is installed. The VNC
install is configured in a way that if another user in the same
machine has already installed this version, it is not reinstalled.

thats it.

cheers,
kristofer

wpkg-users mailing list