[wpkg-users] Running Batch file from WPKG

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Nov 29 09:17:15 CET 2005

Corey Laymon schrieb:
> I have been using wpkg for the last month now and am really impressed.
> However, I am experiencing one problem with an install.  I have created
> a batch file that will provide an xcopy of several files and
> directories, make a reg entry and map a network resource.  The batch
> file works fine on its own.  The problem is when I call it from WPKG,
> the batch starts copying files, but stops after 165 files in one
> directory.  I cannot figure out how to get it to run the entire batch
> file xcopy.  I tried running wpkg with the /debug, but it just hangs at
> running install.bat.  Any help would be appreciated.

I also had this problem.

It is caused by one of these:

a) cscript/wscript
b) windows event log
c) wpkg.js (no, we're never faulty, right?)
d) something else or all together :)

it appears, that if there is too much output in the command line, the
thing hangs.

To workaround this problem, use quiet options of del / xcopy etc. any
batch command, or redirect everything to windows equivalent of
/dev/null, which is >nul

--
Tomek