[wpkg-users] WPKG Web Interface

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Dec 13 19:40:42 CET 2006

Michael J. Kidd wrote:

> On a slightly different note.. I've had issues getting the WPKG Windows
> Installer to run as the system account.  When I try it, I get an event
> log entry that says 'An unexpected network error occurred' (which isn't
> very specific), and the service stops.  If I change the service to use
> the local 'Administrator' account, it works fine... ( and no, the
> Administrator account doesn't have any rights to the network shares
> which WPKG or any of the packages are on. )  Any help with this would be
> greatly appreciated.

Which version? The latest is 0.8, but it's hard to guess what you're
running, as it has no proper version numbering yet.

0.7 -> 0.8 changed password storing in XML file (XML used for initial
installation or later upgrade), so you might check on that.

Is the network share username/password protected?

Are you connecting to a Samba server? Then you might view the logs, it
should tell something specific.

One more thing: if you're connecting to a username/password protected
share, make sure to denote the username like:

DOMAIN\username or WORKGROUP\username

because only "username" won't work...