[wpkg-users] Installing Fonts

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Dec 22 11:44:19 CET 2006

Alexandros Gougousoudis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how did you manage it to install ttf (or whatever) fonts into Windows? I
> thought it is enough to copy it to C:\WINDOWS\FONTS, but there must be
> more. If a logged in user has no admin rights, the fonts will be in the
> folder but not installed. If the Admin logs in, goes to the control
> center into the  fonts, the fonts will be installed systemwide
> automatically. wpkg runs as an admin user, so I think it's needed to
> call some kind of program to publish the fonts.

Did you look at this one?

http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/15167/15167.html

When you install a font all it does is copy the .ttf file to the
%systemroot%\fonts and add an entry in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts.
This can be automated with a batch file as follows

Rem fontinst.bat
copy akbar.ttf %systemroot%\fonts
regedit /s font.reg

The font.reg would contain the following:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]
"Akbar Plain (TrueType)"="akbar.ttf"

Could you please add it to the wiki if it works for you?