[wpkg-users] updating WSH through WPKG

Falko Trojahn ftrojahn at smi-softmark.de
Sun Jul 30 10:31:32 CEST 2006

Hi Florian,

>> Perhaps we could create a runonce key? Or anything else that gets
>> executed on next reboot.
>

> nice to read you on this list as well. :-)
Well, unattended and wpkg are needed and work nice together - I try to
give back to the community on every OSS product I use, and made some
patches for wpkg as well.

> RunOnce would be a possibility, however I fear that then I lose the
> options of WPKG (like User Notification and Reboot).

If wpkg is started as a service via e.g. wpkg-start.bat, some here in
the list provide packages for the local wpkg files as well.

Since wpkg-start.bat is used to start cscript, you could do anything
else in the script before wpkg.js itself is started - updating WSH as
well (untested).

The problem will be that the wpkg-start.bat is in use if the service is
running. I _think_ it could be possible to stop the service and change
the file during the run of wpkg.js - after next reboot the service is
started again, anyway. Should give it a try ...

Falko