[wpkg-users] generating Package download entries automatically

Andre Ilie ai at photonic-sense.com
Tue May 2 12:46:13 CEST 2006

Hi

	I've made some shell scripts for our samba server to automatically
generate the package download entries for our environment which is
configured like this:

	1. [wpkg] samba share pointing to /usr/wpkg, where wpkg.js is located.
	2. pkg directory in [wpkg] share where every package gets its own
directory. e.g. Acrobat Reader is in [wpkg]\pkg\acrobat
	3. Soft linked /usr/wpkg/pkg to Apaches DocumentRoot/pkg, so you can
get packages like this: http://apache/pkg/acrobat/[filename.ext]
	4. Made an Unix shell script called md5gen.sh which can be called in
/usr/wpkg/pkg. This will output XML for use in packages.xml for every
package in this directory. It will do some kind of paging with the
output so you can cut&paste it into the right place in the packages.xml
file. Further automation can be done by automatically generating the
whole packages.xml (maybe by having standard install.js scripts in every
package or thelike to allow standard <install> cmds). The urlprefix
variable in md5gen.sh should point to your URL prefix for the package
download urls.

--[md5gen.sh]-----------8<-----------------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
# generate WPKG xml code for downloading files

urlprefix="http://www.mikisoft.com/pkg"
for packname in *; do
     echo "Package: $packname"
     echo
     cd $packname
     for i in * ; do
             sum=`md5 -q "$i"`
             echo "<file name=\"$i\" timeout=\"600\" md5=\"$sum\">"
             echo "      <source url=\"$urlprefix/$packname/$i\" />"
             echo "</file>"
     done
     cd -
     echo -n "Show next entry? <Enter>=Yes <Ctrl>+<c>=No "
     echo
     read bla
done

	Hope its useful for someone. :)