[wpkg-users] Manual install

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed May 3 08:39:37 CEST 2006

Falko Trojahn wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> just don't know if this is intended behaviour or only a missing feature:
>
> I like to install a certain package by "wpkg.js /install:packagename".
> If the host is known in hosts.xml, all is fine. But if I like to just
> install this package on a host which normally doesn't use wpkg, wpkg.js
> stops saying "could not find profile for host in hosts.xml" or something
> like that.
> Since I would like to integrate some packages from Wpkg into Unattended
> and don't want to manage things twice it would be nice to install
> packages without having entries for every unmanaged (by wpkg) host in
> hosts.xml - or have I missed something?

You can use "regular expression" for hosts:
http://wpkg.org/index.php/Regular_expression_support

This one will match all hosts that didn't match before:

<host name=".+" profile-id="profile" />

Place it at the bottom of hosts.xml.

> Other problem, same direction: When uninstalling a package (e.g.
> firefox15) it would be nice to uninstall all dependend packages, too
> (e.g. all firefox extensions). Or is there another way to uninstall all
> packages from one profile at once - again par ex. if I have a program
> with a bunch of updates or extensions (office, firefox, ...) it would be
> nice to say "uninstall (profile-id: ...)" and all included packages go
> away ...

I guess so far we focused much more on installing things than on
uninstalling them...