[wpkg-users] Manual install

Andre Ilie ai at photonic-sense.com
Wed May 3 13:29:35 CEST 2006

Hi

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>> Other problem, same direction: When uninstalling a package (e.g.
>> firefox15) it would be nice to uninstall all dependend packages, too
>> (e.g. all firefox extensions). Or is there another way to uninstall all
>> packages from one profile at once - again par ex. if I have a program
>> with a bunch of updates or extensions (office, firefox, ...) it would be
>> nice to say "uninstall (profile-id: ...)" and all included packages go
>> away ...
>
> I guess so far we focused much more on installing things than on
> uninstalling them...

	It should be pretty easy to implement as you can use something like the
appendDependencies() function. IMHO we should add an attribute to the
package entry to indicate wether to allow recursive uninstalling or not
(in case several packages have the same dependency). A command line
arguments for /remove: or /install: can be also useful.

	We really need this feature for a complete dependency handling in wpkg.

	Just my $0.02.

	Greets,
		Andre