[wpkg-users] Running wpkg using schtasks

Joshua Weage weage98 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 7 15:35:07 CET 2006

I've tried many different methods to automate installation of one
particular software package, which apparently requires an admin user
account to install.  It will not install as the SYSTEM account.

- runas doesn't work as it prompts for a password
- cpau doesn't work as it refuses to run from the SYSTEM account

I've attempted to use schtasks to run wpkg when the machines are idle,
but that doesn't seem to work either.  I install the task to use an
admin account, but when the task runs, all I see in the task manager
are two cmd.exe process and not wpkg.  I'm attempting to run the
wpkg-start.bat file direct from a UNC share, not the local disk.

Has anyone managed to get schtasks to work in this way?  I like the
prospect of running wpkg during idle time or during the evening in
addition to boot time, but something is going wrong.

Josh

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $420k for $1,399/mo.
Calculate new payment!
http://www.LowerMyBills.com/lre