[wpkg-users] First run script for win2k

Sherwood Botsford sbotsford at sjsa.ab.ca
Wed Sep 13 22:09:39 CEST 2006

Win2k has the problem that wpkg doesn't work right until you
install either a newer version of IE or add the service packs.
Since you can't run wpkg until scripten is installed, I merge all
three into one big glop.

In my wpkg directory I have the following script called 'fixit.bat'

rem Add current version of IE
I:\Microsoft\InternetExplorer_6sp1\ie6setup.exe

rem Upgrade to service pack 4
I:\Microsoft\W2KSP4\update\update -u -n -z

rem Add current version of scripten
I:\WinAdmin\scripten /q /r:n

***
Internet Explorer has an accompanying IEBatch.txt file to speed
its automatic install:

cat IEBatch.txt
[Options]
SaveUninstallInfo=0
Quiet=A
ShowErrors=0

[Welcome]
Display=0

[SetupChoice]
Diplay=0

[Custom]
IEDefault=0

[PrepareSetup]
Display=0

[Finish]
Display=0

[Reboot]
Reboot=0

***
This should be in the same directory as the IE6setup file.

A reboot is required before the SP takes hold.