[wpkg-users] Chaining Hotfixes ? Is it possible?

Jared Ring jared at little-miracles.org
Thu Sep 14 01:06:32 CEST 2006

I've been looking through the wiki and searching the mailling list and
couldnt find an answer to this particular scenario.

Modern MS hotfixes can be chained (like the old qchain tool)
automatically. What would be the best way to get this sort of behaviour
out of wpkg?

Its my understanding that if I were to create a package for each hotfix
and check the errorcode and set reboot=true if needed this woudl cause a
reboot for each hotfix. Which could result in multiple reboots on the
client unnecessarily. Is that correct in my understanding?

Another alternative was to create one package for all hotfixes, ie,
package-id="Hotfixes-200609" for this months patch batch and set that to
reboot on completion.

What are other wpkg users doing? I'm getting ready to use wpkg in our
windows desktop/bsd server environment and am really looking forward to
the end of sneakernet patch/software installation :)