[wpkg-users] Checks don't seem to be working...

Michael Mills mmills at nFusionTech.com
Thu Dec 13 03:36:49 CET 2007

 or I am wrong about how they are supposed to work.

All,
I have an application that installs as a windows app. and drops the following file:
C:\Program Files\App\App.exe

        <package id="CofA" name="Certificate of Analysis" revision="1" priority="0" reboot="false" execute="once">
                <!-- In house application -->
                <check type="file" condition="exists" path="C:\Program Files\CofA\COFA.exe"/>
                <install cmd="\\mytexback1\wpkg\software\scripts\setups\qsetup_COA.exe" timeout="180">
                        <exit code="0"/>
                </install>
        </package>

I have uninstalled the application manually (without modifying the WPKG.XML) and it doesn't re-install.
I removed the package reference in the WPKG.XML, and it re-installed the application.
I then removed the package reference again, this time with the software still installed, and it ran the software installation script.

I have verified the spelling, the directory, etc.  I have tried putting single quotes in the check path, I am simply not sure how this is supposed to work.

Thanks for any advice,
Michael