[wpkg-users] Checks don't seem to be working...

Falko Trojahn nospam_ft at smi-softmark.de
Thu Dec 13 14:39:44 CET 2007

Jens Geile schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>> Please try  WPKG 1.0-rc4 from http://wpkg.org/Download and provide a log file with logLevel=0xFF.
> Loglevels ... could someone rewrite the help in config.xml? I don't quite understand it or I'm just too stupid. I tried a few combinations of loglevels but it always resulted in wpkg not logging anything at all.

The only setting i got to work was was loglevel=0xFF :/
You didn't use loglevel instead of logLevel, did you?

Explanation from Rainer seems pretty clear to me.

In config.xml:
 <param name='logLevel' value='7' />
or as parameter:
wpkg.js /logLevel:7

normally is enough to see what errors,warning,info messages wpkg gives.

Excerpt from config.xml or
http://wpkg.org/WPKG_flags#Rarely_used_parameters

/logLevel:[0-16]

Level of detail for log file. Log level is defined as a bitmask. Just
sum up the values of each log severity you would like to include within
the log file and add this value to your config.xml or specify it at
/logLevel:<num>.

 0  disable logging.
 1  log errors only
 2  log warnings
 4  log information
 8  log audit success
16 log audit failure

Examples:

31 log everything (1+2+4+8+16=32)
13 logs errors, information and audit success (1+4+8=13)
 3 logs errors and warnings only (1+2=3)

Default is 0 which will suppress all messages printed before log level
is properly initialized by config.xml or by /logLevel:<#> parameter.

Falko