[wpkg-users] Checks don't seem to be working...

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Dec 13 10:07:02 CET 2007

Michael Mills schrieb:
>  or I am wrong about how they are supposed to work.
>
> All,
> I have an application that installs as a windows app. and drops the following file:
> C:\Program Files\App\App.exe
>
> 	<package id="CofA" name="Certificate of Analysis" revision="1" priority="0" reboot="false" execute="once">
> 		<!-- In house application -->
> 		<check type="file" condition="exists" path="C:\Program Files\CofA\COFA.exe"/>
> 		<install cmd="\\mytexback1\wpkg\software\scripts\setups\qsetup_COA.exe" timeout="180">
> 			<exit code="0"/>
> 		</install>
> 	</package>
>
> I have uninstalled the application manually (without modifying the WPKG.XML) and it doesn't re-install.

So, you still had the <package id="CofA"... entry in wpkg.xml? That's
the expected behaviour.
wpkg.js checks if the application is in its "database" (wpkg.xml), and
if it is, it assumes it is installed.

> I removed the package reference in the WPKG.XML, and it re-installed the application.

Again, expected. No reference in wpkg.xml -> wpkg.js assumes the package
is not installed, makes sure all <check type=... are met. If not met -
starts <install... commands.

> I then removed the package reference again, this time with the software still installed, and it ran the software installation script.

It shouldn't start the installation script again *if* "C:\Program
Files\CofA\COFA.exe" exists.

> I have verified the spelling, the directory, etc.  I have tried putting single quotes in the check path, I am simply not sure how this is supposed to work.

Run with /debug flag, and paste your output here.