[wpkg-users] HowTO prevent Autoupdate on Firefox / Thunderbird

Alexandros Gougousoudis gougousoudis at kh-berlin.de
Mon Feb 26 12:24:17 CET 2007

Hi,

how do you folks prevent the autoupdate feature from Firefox and
Thunderbird being running?

The problem here is, that these programs (at the moment Firefox) finds a
new version (2.0.0.2) of itself on the net and tries to install it. The
user has no admin-rights and the install fails everytime with an ugly
message.

The Autoupdate can be disabled in the menu, but I can't find the
corresponding softwareswitch.

I prefer to install the new versions over the wonderful wpkg service,
rather than giving admin-rights to the users... :-)

Please help.

TIA
  Alex

--
ServiceCenter IT - Alexandros Gougousoudis (Leiter)

Gemeinsame Einrichtung der Kunsthochschule Berlin-Weissensee, Hochschule
für Musik "Hanns Eisler" und der Hochschule für Schauspielkunst "Ernst
Busch".

Tel.: 030 / 477 05 - 444 * Fax.: 030 / 477 05 - 445

VDEV