[wpkg-users] WPKG_Web site re-done, and Live Archive online

Michael J. Kidd wpkg at linuxkidd.com
Mon Jan 22 17:28:09 CET 2007

Hello all...
  After the page has grown so much ( mostly due to constant releases on
my part ), I've decided to re-structure things a bit.  There is a bit
more in-depth info available now, specifically how I run wpkg.

  There is also a NEW section called 'Live Archive'.  I've realized for
a while that people are using the Demo page as a reference for packages,
and that this was probably a bad thing.  The Demo page was for people to
'Play' with.. Delete packages, add junk, etc..  So, now.. The Demo page
still exists, but the new 'Live Archive' should be used for this
reference purpose.

I hope the powers that be on wpkg.org don't get offended by this
offering, but I believe that it serves as a better solution for the
packages archive than the current state of the wiki at wpkg.org.  It
seems to be easier to just right click an XML link for a package and
save it, then import it into your own setup.  I welcome ALL wpkg users
to update and tweak the packages posted in the Live Archive.  The Notes
section should be used to post code used in external files.. ( Scripts,
Registry patches, etc.. ) along with various comments if there is a need.

I'd also appreciate if the community can help police this Live Archive
to help keep would be spammers / attackers at bay.  I plan on doing a
nightly archive of the database it is tied to so that we can easily
restore in the event of corruption.

All feedback is more than welcome!
Thanks,
Michael J. Kidd