[wpkg-users] New Feature Proposal

Hannes Gruber wpkg at guzman.at
Wed Jan 24 00:32:58 CET 2007

Ave WPKG developer,

some time ago I made some changes to the WPKG.js script. Those Changes
give me the possibility to add more then one Profile to a Host.

I needed this, for e.g. I had a graphic Profile, a developer Profile and
a basic Profile. Graphic and developer depend on basic. And then I had
to setup a host that was graphic and developer PC. Using the:

      <host name="alCapone" profile-id="graphic" />

schema I could not get two differnet Porfiles onto one Host.

Yes, it cold have been possibe If I would have created an extra profile
for that Host, but I did not like that idea. So what I did, I extended
the Schema to an alternative:

      <host name="alCapone">
          <profile id="graphic"/>
          <profile id="dev"/>
      </host>

The file I send to you works great and it is backwards compatible.

Further more I have changed the Check condition part. On my system there
was a bug, if the file did not exist, the test for
CheckValFromFileSystem != "UNKNOWN" did not fail, I had to add &&
CheckValFromFileSystem != "" now it works fine.

I hope I did not break with your coding stile, and I hope, that you will
like my sugestions and add this functionality into the next version,
so that I would not have to mege the Code every time a new version is
released.

THX for WPKG and I am glad that I could contribute (hope so).

Hannes

PS.: The File I send you is based uppon the last stable release  WPKG
0.9.10 - Windows Packager

I just tried to send the Code to the List, but the File was too big,
where can I send the script to?

--

Zufallszitat:

O'Toole's commentary on Murphy's Law: Murphy was an optimist.

                 !!! www.usw.at !!!

          nimm die Herausforderung an