[wpkg-users] Setting time on windows

Guenael Sanchez guenael.sanchez at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 11:18:19 CET 2007

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to add a package with execute="always". This package is supposed
to set a correct ntp server, and synchronize time.

I saw in "silent installers" on wpkg's wiki, a package executing:

net time \\time_server_name /set /yes. However, as local administrator, I
get "System error 5" (might not be the exact translation). That means the
current user have no rights to access the time server (local administrator
opposed to domain users). OK.

I try another method with: w32tm /resync

This command is working when I use it in my cmd, but as soon this command is
executed by wpkg.js (I run manually wpkg-start.bat), It's not working
anymore...

Do you have an idea ?

PS: The time server is a unix ntp server that does'nt require authentication
(w32tm /resync) opposed to our domain server that required a valid user to
give time (net time \\server /set /yes) ... :(