[wpkg-users] Change of method of running wpkg

Michael J. Kidd wpkg at linuxkidd.com
Thu Jan 18 14:02:53 CET 2007

Brett,
  As long as the profiles are the same between your current running
instance of wpkg, and the new xml you plan to implement w/ the WPKG
installer, I don't believe you'll have any issues.  The only time I've
run into issues is if I've found that an Uninstall command doesn't work,
and update it on the server's XML.  WPKG seems to keep using the
commands that it has in the local wpkg.xml (
C:\windows\system32\wpkg.xml ) file.

Usually in a situation like yours, I setup a second OU with all the
exact scripts that the current OU has.  Then I make the change in the
startup scripts for this new OU and put 1 or 2 systems ( which I have
control over ) into the new OU.  Reboot to test.  If all goes well..
Implement the changes in the original OU and move the test systems back,
then delete the test OU.

Just my 2 pence :)
Michael