[wpkg-users] Change of method of running wpkg

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Thu Jan 18 17:43:57 CET 2007

Mandi! Tomasz Chmielewski
  In chel di` si favelave...

> > This pose a 'common practice' question: seems to be better, very
> > better, to have installer 'versioned' (WPKGSetup-0.90.msi and not
> > WPKGSetup.msi, for example), and not to delete old installers too
> > early.
> I agree, but it won't be done too fast (in March, probably; there are
> sources of the Installer available, patches of course are welcome).

I'm not so involved in windows programming and setup to know that, but
would be possible that wpkg installer 'copy' the installation files on
the host computer and use them for uninstalation, to prevent to missing
them on network share?

I think it is a bit complex for software that have not a single file to
execute, but many (eg, a .msi and some .cab), but i don't know if for
uninstallation it suffices to have only setup.exe/.msi file.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

VDEV