[wpkg-users] wpkg installer silent option

Michael J. Kidd wpkg at linuxkidd.com
Fri Jan 26 21:32:55 CET 2007

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>> But I can't see the debug output of wpkg.js just the installer gui of
>> the program currently installing?
>
> It depends on the flags you start wpkg.js with.
> If you start it with /quiet, it the output will be logged to the eventlog.
>
> If you start i with /debug flag, you will see the output in the cmd.exe
> console.

Actually, it's been my experience that it shows the Console and any
program GUI's that may pop up ONLY if the system is logged in on the
console.  During the Delayed Log-on process of WPKG service, no
additional info is shown aside from the alternating messages from the
WPKG service.

I'd really like to have the other items shown during the delayed log on.
  Is this possible some way?  ( I know if you use start-up scripts from
AD, any GUI's or consoles generated by the scripts running is shown
before user login. )

Michael