[wpkg-users] [Fwd: Re: silent installer for Solid Edge service pack]

Vincent MALIEN v.malien at socofer.com
Mon Jun 18 15:39:21 CEST 2007

Oups, sorry I didn't commit it to the mailing list...

Tomasz Chmielewski a écrit :
>> wpkg is executed by an Active Directory Group Policy defined on the
>> domain controller as explained on:
>> http://wpkg.org/index.php/WPKG_with_Active_Directory
>> but I don't know which account is executing the script 'wpkg-start.bat'?
>> How can I define to execute the script by the user 'DOMAIN\Admins du
>> domaine' which is mender of the local group 'Administrateurs'?
>
> Active directory-initiated scripts are executed as the SYSTEM user.
>
> There is no way to change it (unless you play with runas and similar
> tools).
>
> Or use WPKG Client/installer.

Dear Tomasz, Thanks for your time and answers.
With the Active Directory Group Policy, the account SYSTEM can install
firefox, thunderbird, but haven't enough privileges to install such
software as Solid Edge.
I added the local account AUTORIT NT\SYSTEM to the local group
'Administrateurs' on one computer and I rebooted it.
It would be an easy solution but it seems that this account can't have
full administrative privileges, the error message in the event log is
the same.

runas is also not a solution because you can't give the password in a
command line. So I will install WPKG Client/installer on every PC...

wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org