[wpkg-users] WPKG is not logging to Systemlog

Alexandros Gougousoudis gougousoudis at kh-berlin.de
Wed Jun 20 10:42:19 CEST 2007

Hi,

on some Win2000 machines I have the problem, that WPKG does not log its
action always to the systemeventlog. I installed it as a service.
Normally it the service is (re)started, it writes everything to the log.
I have a recurring package for time-setting so every time the serivice
is started, wpkg has something to do. On these Win2000 machines wpkg is
installed correctly, because it has copied all distributed packages, at
least in the last weeks. It works also if it is started by hand over cmd
and it reports no errors.

So the point is, can it be a problem with a newer MS security update, or
doesn't it run at all, or is it not writing to the Eventviewer anymore?
It seems the XP machines have not this problem. I tend to the security
update reason, but then you must all have that problem, if your PCs are
up to date... ?

Anyone an idea what to do?

TIA
 Alex

--
ServiceCenter IT - Alexandros Gougousoudis (Leiter)

Gemeinsame Einrichtung der Kunsthochschule Berlin-Weissensee, Hochschule für Musik "Hanns Eisler" und der Hochschule für Schauspielkunst "Ernst Busch".

Tel.: 030 / 477 05 - 444 * Fax.: 030 / 477 05 - 445

wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org