[wpkg-users] Failed checking after installation while installation

Marcin Niśkiewicz mniskiewicz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 11:01:36 CEST 2007

Hello
First of all - i have to say -WPKG is great and thanks for it :)

For now almost everything works fine for me (i use linux+samba and xp as
clients)

I have quite small problem with updating wpkg.xml file on clients.
For example i'm testing one application (it's made by my friend and it is
called Raporty)
and installation works fine - but at the end of it there is an error:

checking existence of package:Raporty
The path 'C:\Raporty\raporty.exe' does not exist: the test failed
Installing Raporty...
executing command : \\dc1\wpkg\soft\raporciki\SETUP.EXE /s
command returned result: 0
checking existence of package:Raporty

The path 'C:\Raporty\raporty.exe' does not exist: the test failed

There were the following errors:

Package name: Raporty

Could not install Raporty.
Failed checking after installation.

Such error exists only during first synchronization - because when I execute

cscript \\dc1\wpkg\wpkg.js /synchronize /debug
for the second time everything seems OK

The path 'C:\Raporty\raporty.exe' exists: the test was successful
Bypassing installation of package Raporty
Package Raporty missing from settings file, adding it now.
saving XML : C:\Windows\system32\wpkg.xml

and wpkg.xml is correctly updated...

Uninstallation of this program works perfectly well and xml is updated...

My package.xml looks like that:

        <package
                id="Raporty"
                name="Raporty"
                revision="1"
                reboot="false"
                priority="0">

        <check type="file" condition="exists" path="C:\Raporty\raporty.exe"
/>
        <install cmd='\\dc1\wpkg\soft\raporciki\SETUP.EXE /s' >
        <exit code="0" />
        </install>
        <remove cmd='%SYSTEMROOT%\IsUninst.exe -y -x -a
-f"C:\Raporty\Uninst.isu"' >
        <exit code="20" />
        </remove>
        </package>

Does someone have any idea how to solve it?
Thanks in progress

Regards
Nichu

wpkg-users mailing list