[wpkg-users] Synchronize

Falko Trojahn nospam_ft at smi-softmark.de
Mon Jun 18 12:05:32 CEST 2007

Hi André
> Im in doubt about what the /synchronize should do. I did some tests with
> an small aplication (winrar). In the first run of thw wpkg it install
> the aplication, works fine. So i remove the application (by control
> panel), and restart the windows. I was expecting wpkg detect the
> application missing and reinstall it, but nothing happened. Is that the
> right comportament of the wpkg?.
Yes, it is. If you want wpkg to check every time if the software is
installed, use a package with
  execute="always"
see http://wpkg.org/index.php/Execute_once_/_always

> ... so, continuing my tests, when i remove c:\windows\system32\wpkg.xml,
> and restarting
>
> wpkg do his work and install again winrar.
Yes that's clear: wpkg saves all information about packages it has
installed in wpkg.xml. Usually users do not have rights to deinstall
software or delete entries from wpkg.xml, so wpkg can trust this file.

Regards,
Falko

wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org