[wpkg-users] uninstall wpkg installer

Adam Williams awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us
Thu Mar 1 11:20:15 CET 2007

Ok thanks, after the upgradable wpkg GUI installer is released, I will
give the scripted way a try and see what happens.

I'm thinking in packages.xml something like:

<package
   id="wpkg-gui-upgrade"
   name="WPKG GUI Installer upgrade from old WPKG method"
   revision="1"
   reboot="false"
   priority="20"
   execute="once">
    <install cmd='%systemroot%\system32\cmd -c "instsrv "Windows
Packager" remove"' />
    <install cmd='%systemroot%\system32\msiexec.exe /i
"\\server\wpkg\pkg\WPKGSetup.msi ...."' />
</package>

but I'm kind of thinking that instsrv will remove Windows Packager and
not have it execute the install of WPKGSetup as the next step.  But I
shall wait and see.  Thanks.