[wpkg-users] wpkg & vista ?

Torsten Geile geile at oekonet-bremen.de
Mon Mar 26 10:01:53 CEST 2007

Hi,

Tomasz Chmielewski schrieb:
> I myself don't have Vista, so I can't tell for sure.

I do, in particular Vista Business
> Technically, there should be no reason why it shouldn't work.
>
> I would be also glad to know if WPKG works, particularly:
>
> - if WPKG Installer works (logon delay etc.)

Unfortunatly it doesn't work. Got the message during installation process

"There is a problem with the Windows Installer Package. A Program
required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your
your support personnel or package vendor."

The event log says

Protokollname: Application
Quelle:        MsiInstaller
Datum:         26.03.2007 09:57:51
Ereignis-ID:   11721
Aufgabenkategorie:Keine
Ebene:         Fehler
Schlüsselwörter:Klassisch
Benutzer:      GRI-OEKONET\tgeile
Computer:      user-PC
Beschreibung:
Product: WPKG -- Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows
Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could
not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action:
_C80DCABA_F908_47B9_8D19_F3F2F4C01E9C, location: C:\Program
Files\wpkg\wpkginst.exe, command: --SETTINGSFILE=

> - if wpkg.js works - technically, it's the part that does the dirty job
> of installing the applications
>

> Also, if you're curious, and have Vista, you can check yourself and let
> us know :)

Here you go (;-)

Regards, Torsten

VDEV