[wpkg-users] Some more clues on wpkg startup troubles?

Twan Fox twanfox at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 18:47:15 CET 2007

On Nov 12, 2007 3:07 AM, Marco Gaiarin <gaio at sv.lnf.it> wrote:
> Mandi! Tomasz Chmielewski
>   In chel di` si favelave...
>
> > > 1) how? ;)
> > Since you asked, I assumed you know how?
>
> Ahem, bad assumption. ;)
> All my windows knowledge came from this list and google, i think. ;)

I believe Service Dependency information comes from the registry. For instance..

BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) depends on the RPC
Service to start. In the registry, the following key exists.

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BITS, with entry
DependsOnService set to RpcSs

If you locate the RpcSs service in that list
(HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services), you can see it is the RPC
service. Take this with a grain of salt, though. I haven't ever
attempted to modify dependencies of services, just read what was
there.

> > > 2) if done, could be that WPKG will restart everytime an interface
> > > plug in?
> > No. What if a laptop is in a wifi range, and a while later it's not/is
> > again?
> > I guess there are dedicated tools which can execute given tasks when the
> > interface state change.
>
> Again, i know little on this, but what i'm see is that all services in
> dependence of TCPIP are in 'manual' state, and are restarted on every
> new IP assignment.

Twanfox

wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org