[wpkg-users] Instead of SAMBA/Active Directory can we use any other method for central sharing Server in WPKG

Jason Castonguay jason.castonguay at wdc.greenpeace.org
Wed Oct 17 15:04:02 CEST 2007

Hi Arun and everyone,

I threw up on an example of what I've setup before on
http://redblacktree.org/wpkg/ . wpkg.js is modified to pull from http or
https links. You can see examples in packages.xml . If you do use https
and an internal cert, you'll need to add your CA to the Trusted Root
Certificate Store or else it will fail. Oh, and the bat file show how
you can use wpkg to upgrade itself along with wpkg.xml .

Currently checksums don't work, there are extra debug messages, and
there are a bunch of hard-coded paths, like installing everything into
c:\windows\temp\ . I still plan to document this some more, along with
how one can integrate it with Windows SteadyState, but with all the
interest in using HTTP it be better to show something sooner.

--
Jason Castonguay
Greenpeace USA

wpkg-users mailing list