[wpkg-users] WPKG Client

Hannes Gruber wpkg at guzman.at
Thu Oct 18 13:02:14 CEST 2007

> You could use WininstallLE to do such a scan.
I have always searched for something to do that. THX

> See here, I think it's similar:
OK, good input, I now changed it to those lines. Didn't know "start" before.

You want an Error if File does not exist, try this:
<install cmd='cmd /C IF NOT EXIST "c:\xxx.exe" exit 1' />
<install cmd='cmd /C start "Daemon Tools" /i "c:\xxx.exe"' />

You don't care if File does not exist, use this:
<install cmd='cmd /C IF EXIST "c:\xxx.exe" start "xxx" /i "c:\xxx.exe"' />

I had to do it like that because there is an ugly error message isf the
file is missing and there is no %errorlevel%.

>> Is there any way to exclude the AutoIt packages from all the normal
>> installations and just have them included if I do a manual run?
>> Without having to edit my Profiles file? This could be another Solution.

> I don't think I understand what you mean.
I meant.

If I really depend on those AutoIt installers for some programs, I would
like to exclude them from the Profile for my PCs, so that the automatic
Installation runs without any problems.

If there is an update of one of the Autoit Programs I would have to go
through all machines log in as Admin and run wpkg by hand.

The question is, is there any possibility to exclude the autoit
installers from the automatic installation, but include them when I run
wpkg manually on the command promt to update the autoIt Packages.

I could do that by editing profiles.xml . But I do not want to do that.

Hannes

--

Zufallszitat:

The mistake is to say that there is anything that meaning something
consists in. (Wittgenstein)

                !!! www.usw.at !!!

         nimm die Herausforderung an

wpkg-users mailing list