[wpkg-users] WPKG Client

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Oct 18 09:30:27 CEST 2007

Hannes Gruber schrieb:
> Sorry for the last one, clicked send way too early :-)
>
>> Most probably, it won't work correctly, but you can always try on a
>> single machine and report it back to the list.
> Now I am not too motivated to give it a try, because I doubt it too.
>
>> That said, why do you use autoit for software installation at all? Do
>> you have examples of software that really will deploy only with autoit?
> There is one particular Software I need Autoit, because after
> installstion I have to start it as an administrative user, type in a
> Username and Password and shut it down again.

Did you compare the registry before and after you type this user/password?
Mostly, these sorts of things ("need to run this software as
administrator for the first time") just add some registry entries.
You could use WininstallLE to do such a scan.

> The Same with daemontools, which was a verry difficult one to get it
> done, this needs to be run as admin after installation too.

See here, I think it's similar:

http://wpkg.org/index.php/FlowFact#other

Software doesn't work as a non-Administrator user unless you start it as
Administrator for the first time:

start /i %SOFTWARE%\flowfact\FlowFact.EXE
ping -n 30 127.0.0.1
taskkill /f /im setupadd.exe
ping -n 120 127.0.0.1
taskkill /f /im flowfact.exe

> Is there any way to exclude the AutoIt packages from all the normal
> installations and just have them included if I do a manual run? Without
> having to edit my Profiles file? This could be another Solution.

Hmm?
I don't think I understand what you mean.