[wpkg-users] Using SYSTEM in WPKG execution context user name

Tor Soerensen tor at cfh.ku.dk
Thu Apr 17 16:19:26 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Thanks for the help with my previous problems!

Now I am playing around with changing the user name in the WPKG execution context in the GUI client. Before I used a admin user which I know exist on the client machines. However, I had some errors in the log mentioning that there was some problem with the registry due to a service running as a regular user and not system. So, I tried setting the user name to just SYSTEM, but this doesn't work. When using SYSTEM, I get the following error WNetAddConnection2->Der opstod en uventet netværksfejl (An unexpected network error has occurred) and the service shuts down. I was inspired by the screenshots of the GUI client on the wiki, so I am wondering what I am doing wrong. Please enlighten me :-D

Regards,
Tor Sorensen