[wpkg-users] user password in settings.xml for wpkg client

Grzegorz Marszałek graf0 at post.pl
Thu Apr 24 12:35:41 CEST 2008

Hello!

I'm trying to generate password to wpkg share on my server. Idea is
like this:
* I'm using puppet, but it could be any other tool for configuration
management
* puppet is generating all wpkg config files based on database content
* ok, so after first run I've got all .xml files, and all packages
files (.msi etc.) nicely downloaded to my server (linux with samba)
* and now I'd like to generate password for wpkg user to access share
with software...

OK, the problem is, that wpkg client scrambles it's password in
settings.xml file. I'd like to have random passowrd for each server I
manage. There is no problem to generate settings.xml file (and thus
ease installation on wpkg client on workstation), but do you know what
algorithm is used to scrable password? I'd like to recreate it my
script.

Best regards
---
Grzegorz Marszałek