[wpkg-users] firefox and acrobat

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Apr 11 09:42:12 CEST 2008

Brian May schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I have found that the initial install of Firefox didn't work, the
> installation returned a status of 1.

Did you have earlier versions of Firefox installed on that machine?
Did anything install in "%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\" during that
installation with exit status 1?

> Subsequent attempts (without
> changing anything) worked fine.

Good. At least these WPKG checks are useful sometimes and cause the
package installation to be repeated if it failed previously ;)

> Also acrobat reader repeatedly didn't work when installed from the
> wpkg-client service, the install script returned error 1619. However,
> when I run wpkg manually, it worked fine.
>
> Any ideas?

1619 MSI error means that msiexec can't access MSI package -
double-verify your paths.

http://wpkg.org/MSI:_Windows_Installer

Other than that, you may enable debugging for wpkg.js - see your
config.xml for details.