[wpkg-users] firefox and acrobat

Brian May brian at vpac.org
Mon Apr 14 01:20:18 CEST 2008

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>> I have found that the initial install of Firefox didn't work, the
>> installation returned a status of 1.
>
> Did you have earlier versions of Firefox installed on that machine?
> Did anything install in "%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\" during that
> installation with exit status 1?

This was a brand new installation using unattended. As such, I might be
able to reproduce it (fingers crossed!). Unfortunately I didn't think of
checking the PROGRAMFILES directory on my prior attempt (it seems so
obvious now).

>> Subsequent attempts (without
>> changing anything) worked fine.
>
> Good. At least these WPKG checks are useful sometimes and cause the
> package installation to be repeated if it failed previously ;)

Yes, nothing wrong here.

I suspect there might be an issue with when execute="once" - if the
command fails (and returns failure) it won't get executed again -
however I have more important issues to worry about first.

> 1619 MSI error means that msiexec can't access MSI package -
> double-verify your paths.
>
> http://wpkg.org/MSI:_Windows_Installer
>
> Other than that, you may enable debugging for wpkg.js - see your
> config.xml for details.

Hmm. The fact it worked when I run wpkg manually would suggest the paths
and permissions should be fine. Something really weird is going on here.
I guess I should try it again with debugging enabled.

Brian May