[wpkg-users] firefox and acrobat

Brian May brian at vpac.org
Mon Apr 14 06:39:18 CEST 2008

Brian May wrote:

> This was a brand new installation using unattended. As such, I might be
> able to reproduce it (fingers crossed!). Unfortunately I didn't think of
> checking the PROGRAMFILES directory on my prior attempt (it seems so
> obvious now).

I did the installation again, and this time it worked.

I installed the first round of updates from Microsoft, rebooted the
computer. About a 30second delay before I can log in. No problem.

I installed more system updates, and rebooted again. According to event
handler:

2:02:41pm wpkg starts
2:03:13pm starts parsing config XML files
2:11:18pm still processing packages XML files, but sudden speed up
2:11:21pm Adobe Acrobat fails to install
2:11:24pm wpkg finishes

Why was wpkg so slow to parse the XML files on this boot?

> Hmm. The fact it worked when I run wpkg manually would suggest the paths
> and permissions should be fine. Something really weird is going on here.
> I guess I should try it again with debugging enabled.

The paths and permissions all look fine to me.

Brian May