[wpkg-users] Using several profiles

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Thu Apr 17 14:35:53 CEST 2008

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Dehennin wrote:
> Tanks, looking at the xsd give me the answer too.

Huh, they start to become useful ;-)

> wpkg.js can be called with /profile, how to use sevral profiles on the
> command line ?

You cannot. But... read on.
There is a /host:<hostname> switch where the original hostname of the
machine is ignored and the value from the switch is actually used. So
feel free to define a host within hosts.xml which is used for this
purpose only - and then feel free to reference as many profiles as you
like to.

In addition you could also create a profile which _depends_ on all
profiles you like to "include". Therefore specifying this profile at the
command line would have the same effect.