[wpkg-users] Using several profiles

Daniel Dehennin daniel.dehennin at ac-caen.fr
Thu Apr 17 14:56:33 CEST 2008

Rainer Meier <r.meier at wpkg.org> writes:

> Huh, they start to become useful ;-)

I'm sad because it's XSD format and Emacs nXML mode use RelaxNG
compact and there is no tools to convert an XSD to RelaxNG compact.

Somebody says that XML is the way to standardisation ;-)

> You cannot. But... read on.
> There is a /host:<hostname> switch where the original hostname of the
> machine is ignored and the value from the switch is actually used. So
> feel free to define a host within hosts.xml which is used for this
> purpose only - and then feel free to reference as many profiles as you
> like to.
>
> In addition you could also create a profile which _depends_ on all
> profiles you like to "include". Therefore specifying this profile at the
> command line would have the same effect.

If I have several different profiles for machines, plus additional
profile for users/groups, it increase the number of profiles or hosts
to use :-/

Can it became a feature request ?

Regards.
--