[wpkg-users] Feature request?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Apr 29 10:01:39 CEST 2008

Marco Gaiarin schrieb:
> Mandi! Tomasz Chmielewski
>   In chel di` si favelave...
>
>> AFAIK, normal users are not allowed to delete or change files in
>> %ALLUSERSPROFILE%?
>
> Some local user have 'Power Users', they have to use a plethora of
> educational software from the age of stone to modern macromedia ones.
> ;(

So it's a matter of proper ACL settings I guess?
In Windows, you can even set the ACLs so that the file is not removable
by the admin (unless he changes the ACLs, of course), and for me a power
user is someone who has even less privileges than an admin?

>> Just use execute="always"? One kilobyte, is not much, you can copy it each
>> time WPKG runs I guess?
>
> Yes, could be. ;)
> I tend to not use execute="always", but clearly could be a solution.
>

>> However, remember that WPKG makes checks only once after installation.
>
> ?! Newer wpkg.js does not check condition on every run?

Yes, it will re-check and reinstall if the check fails, but the package
is in the local wpkg.xml if that's what you meant.
But if the user logs in, removes the file, logs out, and then another
user logs in, the file will not be there any more - you'd have to run
WPKG once again.
But I think it's possible to solve your problem by setting proper ACLs
on the files.