[wpkg-users] Feature request?

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Tue Apr 29 11:06:15 CEST 2008

Mandi! Tomasz Chmielewski
  In chel di` si favelave...

> So it's a matter of proper ACL settings I guess?
> In Windows, you can even set the ACLs so that the file is not removable by
> the admin (unless he changes the ACLs, of course), and for me a power user
> is someone who has even less privileges than an admin?

Partailly. I can set the ACL so the file are not modified, but the
property of deletion reside on the directory the file belong to, and i
cannot prevent power users to insert/delete files on the startup
folders, probably some of my educational software will complain.

> But if the user logs in, removes the file, logs out, and then another user
> logs in, the file will not be there any more - you'd have to run WPKG once
> again.

I've stop thinking at 'best security approach' in windows, now i
normally think about 'decent hacks' ;)

An external script clearly can do the trick (apart the miss for grep, sed,
cut, ... ;), but i think that hash check would be a decent feature to
implement, and looking at google reveal me:

	http://userpages.umbc.edu/~mabzug1/cs/md5/md5.html

i don't know if the code will be easily ported, used, ...

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

	   http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/chi_siamo/5xmille.php