[wpkg-users] new web-based wpkg manager

mscdex mscdex at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 07:58:45 CEST 2008

Lately I've been tinkering with the idea of creating a new web-based utility
to manage wpkg profiles, packages, etc. The existing wpkg web utility is
outdated (last updated in mid-2007ish) and the maintainer for it appears to
be no longer active. I believe having a decent (and active) frontend project
would help a lot of people, even those of us who don't mind manually
modifying XML files and such. It might even allow many of us to "sell" wpkg
to some of our clients by showing them how easy it is to manage software
deployment (for free!)

I have some ideas floating around but I thought I'd post here and see if
there are any specific features or functionality any of you would especially
like to see in a frontend like this.