[wpkg-users] Windows XP x64 Edition - Logon Message

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Mon Aug 4 13:04:03 CEST 2008

Stephan Roesgen schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> i´ve got a problem with the message window, which should be show up
> when WPKG is installing applications und applying settings. Therefore
> i´ve installed the WPKG-Client (WPKG Client 1.3.5_64.msi) on the
> Client (Windows XP64 Professional with SP2). After that i configured
> the Client by starting (wpkginst.exe) and make the idividual changes
> of our environment. In fact WPKG seems to work correctly, installs
> applications and so on, but that happens always in the background,
> because the logon message isn´t be shown.
> Hopefully someone has a hint for me, to get the message window popup,
> when the system gets restarted and the windows login dialogue appears.
>
> Settings i´ve already tried without success:
> - installed WPKG-Client 1.3.4_64.msi
> - set Logon delay to various values
> - deleted the WPKG-parameters /nonotify /quiet
> - activated show WPKG user interface

Could you paste all Event Log entries for WPKG Client (first message it
starts, up to the last message)?

Alternatively, enable "log to file" and than paste its content to your
message here.

It would be also interesting to see your settings.xml file (although you
tried different settings, and it didn't work, so most probably the
problem lies somewhere else).