[wpkg-users] MsiInstaller cant write to registry when installing several particular packages.

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Aug 15 13:45:08 CEST 2008

Tor Soerensen schrieb:
> The account "support" is listed as "computer administrator" in the control panel. It was made manually by adding it using the control panel.
>
> I can install the software manually (ie. just running the installation file, not using WPKG in any way) if logged in as SUPPORT.
>
> I could try using SYSTEM, but I am a little confused as to how to type this in the wpkg client setup. Should it be in the field "WPKG execution context"? And how should it be written exactly? Just "SYSTEM" or "CFH2008D20\SYSTEM" where CFH2008D20 is the hostname? Does the name of SYSTEM change according to which language the OS is?

Just type "SYSTEM" where you have "support" now; with no password.

It doesn't depend on the language version of Windows as far as I know.

You could also try with the normal "Administrator" account - if it works
for Administrator, and doesn't for "support", that means that "support"
means some (non-interactive?) privileges.