[wpkg-users] Server connection failed with RealTek cards

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Aug 28 12:15:50 CEST 2008

Florian Effenberger schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> on new machines with Realtek 8111/8168 Chipsets (Gigabit PCI Express),
> we're having issues with WPKG Client on Windows XP Professional SP 3.
> The first bootup it seems to work, but afterwards, software
> distribution doesn't work anymore. The progress bar window is shown
> but disappears shortly after. I've tried with 1.2.1 and 1.3.5 and the
> error message we have in the log is:

(...)

Oh, cool. Finally someone has identified a piece of hardware which
allows to reproduce this problem.

Could you give me a link where I can buy this card (ebay, or some other
online shop)? Or a full name, model etc.

Is it exactly this one? http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=406

Do you know how much does it cost in Europe?

What drivers are you using? Shipped with Windows, or the ones delivered
with a network card?