[wpkg-users] Feature request

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Dec 16 07:33:51 CET 2008

Michael Ugilt schrieb:
> Been struggling to get WPKG to work smoothly with wifi’ed laptops.
>

> The real issue is that the wifi connection takes some 10-14 seconds to
> come alive so a 10 second ping is working from time to time but not
> reliable.
>
> I have not been able to get the “offline custom script” method to work
> at all – running my script offline and debugging is doing fine – but not
> when called from within wpkg.
>

> I think what I really miss is a retry parameter for the ping test ie. 3
> times – or simple raise the build in 10 second max limitation
>

> Any thoughts?

Yeah, it's a common complaint and I understand it. It will be addressed,
but I can't give you any timeframes for this specific issue.

As a workaround, you could probably use Windows Task Scheduler, or
(Local) Group Policy? Note the drawbacks though:

- GPO is hard to setup if you have a Samba domain controller, because
you have to use local policies

- I noticed that the Task Scheduler tends to "forget" the password. So
for example, when you configure a task to be started as a user "joe"
with password "secret", it happens that the password is somehow
"forgotten" after several months (even if it wasn't changed at all!) and
has to be specified again. This happened for me in several separate
Windows 2003 domains.