[wpkg-users] Problems with WPKG after settings update

Jens Geile jens.geile at support.iserv.eu
Thu Dec 18 15:23:28 CET 2008

Hi,

> Coming back to your problem - it would be good to know what the server (i.e., Samba) logs say about it - and why it denies a connection. Without it, I'm afraid I can't help much.
Ok, I did some more testing today and I cant find _anything_ in the samba logs regarding this error ... For debugging I've set the samba log level to "3 smb:10 acls:10 locking:10 auth:10 vfs:10" which is why the attached logfiles are a bit "long". >.> I've also included the output of "smbstatus" and the eventlog extract in the logfiles at the times where they fit in. In the first run everything went as expected but after a package restarted the machine I got my usual "access denied" error. Though, the problem doesn't really seem to be related to a package restarting the system because WPKG still worked after such restarts in earlier test runs.

Anyway, as I couldn't find anything in the logs (maybe I'm just blind) I really doubt the error is on the server. Maybe it's yet another timing issue with WPKG Client and the network connection? I'm really out of ideas here.

-
jens