[wpkg-users] Problems with WPKG after settings update

Jens Geile jens.geile at support.iserv.eu
Mon Dec 15 15:41:17 CET 2008

Hi,

> In other words, you seem to use two different settings files for WPKG Client - do I understand you correctly?
> Why won't you deploy with proper settings once WPKG Client is installed?
No, the setting.xml files are exactly the same. At least when the machines are installed from scratch. The "WPKG Settings" package is just added to every profile by default so that when i change something in the settings.xml file and raise the revision all the clients get the new settings automagically.

> Coming back to your problem - it would be good to know what the server (i.e., Samba) logs say about it - and why it denies a connection.
> Without it, I'm afraid I can't help much.
That's where the problem continues ... I havent been able to reproduce this error while having samba logging enabled yet. Sadly I dont have much time to test this at the moment but I'll definitely come back to it.

-
jens