[wpkg-users] documentation

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Fri Dec 19 08:54:54 CET 2008

Hi Chris,

W. Chris Shank wrote:
> ok - i found the config.xml file in the SVN sources, so I'm getting more
> info now. One thing, does anyone know if when using a http base you can
> still use the empty packages.xml and have a subdir called packages and
> have all individual softwarepackage.xml in it?

config.xml is enclosed within the release downloads on wpkg.org as well.

If you use a http base WPKG ignores the content of packages.xml and the
packages subdirectory. So you can use either the files or http. If you
want to use http and still edit XML, then you should configure your
webserver to serve your packages.xml and make it available at the right
download URL. However then you cannot use a directory with individual
package files.