[wpkg-users] %SOFTWARE% variable

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Mon Feb 18 14:04:01 CET 2008

Hi all

Gerd Ott wrote:
> I also was confused, because variables defined in wpkg-client are not
> expanded, if you test your installation from the command line manually
> with "/debug" flag.
> So I think for testing/debugging packages with variables defined in
> the client one has to use the wpkg-client and set "Show" in "Script
> user interface".

Of course this variables are not set if you run wpkg.js manually on
command line. This is due to the fact that WPKG-client exports the
variables before running wpkg.js which inherits the environment then.

If you want to test by running wpkg on command line just set the
variables on the shell you're invoking WPKG. Or write a small batch file
(wpkg.cmd):

@echo off
set SOFTWARE=\\server\share
set SETTINGS=\\server\share2
cscript wpkg.js [whatever parameter you like]

Again. WPKG does NOT read the configuration of WPKG-client to export the
variables. WPKG-client prepares the environment for wpkg.js to run. If
you run it manually you also need to set the variables manually.